I have been getting these intense sugar cravings all week!! I blame my fiancé, Emerson. He has quite a sweet tooth. I would prefer a nice juicy and sour pickle over a box of chocolate any day!!
I don’t own any kind of flour that contains gluten so I decided to use my almonds. I had someone ask me where I buy my almond flour because it’s so expensive. Well, the easiest way is to do it yourself! Costco and other bulk stores sell 3 lb. bags of unsalted almonds. All I do is use my tiny cooks coffee grinder to grind the almonds. You can just grind the entire bag in one sitting and BAM, you have a jar of almond flour! Do the same with coconut flakes, brown rice and more!
Here it is folks!
1 ½ c almond flour (just grind almonds – it’s cheaper)
1 tbsp coconut flour (just grind coconut – it’s cheaper)
1 tbsp milled flaxseed
1/3 c honey
1/4 c coconut oil (melt it in the microwave for 20 sec)
1 whisked egg
1 tsp vanilla
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
**Keep your cinnamon container handy, as you will need more to roll the cookies in.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and then the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together and then pour into a small soup bowl or mixing bowl.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The dough will be very sticky and will need to thicken up.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove saran wrap.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and then sprinkle the entire thing with cinnamon. Do not use cooking spray on a plain baking sheet or else the cookies will stick and burn to a crisp!
- Use a melon baller or a small spoon to place dough onto the parchment paper. Make sure to roll the dough into a ball if it.
- In a small bowl, pour 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Roll the bottom of the cup in cinnamon and then press flatten each cookie ball. You should end up with 20-22 cookies.
Bake for 13 minutes.
Allow them to cool (or not) and enjoy!
~Nancy Rae 🙂