Huevos para almerzo
(Eggs for brunch)
Well it is time for another super easy recipe!!! I ate at Kerby Lane in Austin, Texas the other day and found a tasty dish! I don’t remember what it is called but I remember most of the ingredients. Of course I could not make their sauce called who-knows-what… So I decided just work with whatever I had at home. Voila! I came up with this scrumptious dish! There is now another meal I can add to my brunch list and easy to-go breakfast for work. This can literally take no more than 10 minutes! I made several (with the avocado on the side) and pre-packaged them for the week. You can heat it up in the microwave for just one minute and there is your healthy and easy meal! They are hubby approved as well! 🙂
1 Corn tortilla
Black beans- about 2 tbsp (whole or refried – I used fat-free organic refried)
Dash of dried Parsley
Pepper and salt to taste
Your favorite salsa! (I used Texas Brew’s Fire Roasted Poblano Salsa)
Cheese – I like to use mozzarella cheese
1/2 avocado – cubed
1) Cook your eggs over easy just the way you like it! You can cook them any other way but I like mine a bit runny.
2) Cook your bacon like you want. For the busy and rushed folks out there, place a paper towel on a plate, put the bacon on top and then cover with another paper towel. Cook the bacon in a microwave for 1 ½ – 2 minutes. Don’t burn the bacon! The paper towels will also soak up any extra bacon grease.
3) Warm up a corn tortilla and place it on a plate. I warm mine in a microwave for 45-60 seconds.
4) Warm-up the refried beans.
5) Cover the tortilla with the refried beans.
6) Place the cooked eggs on top of the beans.
7) Place the cooked bacon on top of the eggs.
8) Add as much salsa as you want! I used about 3 tbsp and then added more later… Mmm!
9) Sprinkle a fair amount a cheese (or more!) on top.
10) Add the avocado.
Grab your fork and enjoy!